More News is good news!

Several hundred more pages of the Catskill Mountain News, 1967-73, have been added to the commons! This batch of digitized microfilm will be the last for awhile, the end of a five-year effort to make the News, 1902-1973, readable and searchable on line.The only years that are missing are 1920, 1925 and 1968.

The Historical Society is so pleased to have been able to accomplish this, with the help of several major donors. We are grateful for contributions from the late Ed Scheider and Herman Gottfried; from CMN Publisher Dick Sanford; from the O’Connor Foundation, and from a generous anonymous donor. Our thanks go to Dick and the News for allowing the microfilming and scanning of bound newspapers from 1902-37; to the NYS Library for loaning microfilm of issues from 1938-73;  to Hudson Microimaging of Port Ewen for the great job they did in reformatting this treasure trove of local history.

And we so appreciate the work of the Northern NY Library Network in hosting this collection on their site: http://history.catskill.net. Check it out!

 

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.